Price - Stock No 50
Price - Stock No 51 with
Skill Toy With Buzzer
Check your kit
- printed circuit board (PCB)
- LED (Light Emitting Diode)
- battery snap
- resistor - 390 ohms
- 2 x PCB pins
- hook-up wire
- heat-shrink tube
- teardrop terminal
- Buzzer (kit 51 only)
- Turn the PCBoard over so that you are looking at
the PLAIN side. From the drawing, find the locations of the
components. You will need to turn the PCB around so that
it coincides with the placement sheet.
Remember that you are seeing the copper track through the PCB.
- Bend the legs of the resistor to a shape that will
fit into its two location holes. Push them through and firm the resistor
down against the PCB. See Resistors.
- LED's are "Light Emitting Diodes". .Spread the legs of the LED
carefully so they spring into its correct
holes. Push the legs just through the PCB so the LED stands high off the
board. You should check that the small flat on the flange at the base of
the globe is the same way round as the drawing shows. The LED is
polarised - a semiconductor - and will not work if placed the
wrong way round. See Diodes
- These two components may be soldered in place. Refer Soldering
- Push the ends of the battery snap wires through, and
- Push the PCB pins into the correct holes and solder.
- Bare the ends of the hook-up wire, tin both ends - refer
wire. Solder one end to one PCB pin.
- Solder the teardrop terminal to the other PCB pin.
- If you are fitting a BUZZER, make sure
you observe the correct polarity. Solder the RED (+), and BLACK
- Connect a 9 volt battery and test by touching the end of
the wire to the teardrop terminal.
If it doesn't work check that you have all the locations
correct and that you have the LED in the
Contact CdS electronics